Welcome to drf-toolbox¶
This is drf-toolbox, a set of specialty classes that adds support for enhanced functionality on top of Django REST Framework.
DRF toolbox works with Django REST Framework and adds specialty classes to provide the following functionality:
- Nested relationships for Foreign Keys
- Nesting of URLs of parent-child relationships within URL routing.
- Display of full parent or child relationships within renderers.
- Support for more robust display of API endpoints.
Support for fields provided by django-pgfields.
JSON rendering of
datetimeobjects to Unix timestamps.
Dependencies & Limitations¶
drf-toolbox depends on:
- Python 2.7+ or 3.3+ (Python 2.6 probably works, but is not explicitly tested against.)
- Django 1.6+
- Django REST Framework 2.3.10+
- dict.sorted 1.0.0+
- pytz 2013.9+
- six 1.4.1+
These dependencies are installed automatically when installing through pip.
In order to use drf-toolbox in a project:
pip install drf-toolbox
- Add DRF Toolbox’ classes to your REST Framework settings, where appropriate.
- Subclass DRF Toolbox’ model serializer and model viewset.
If you think you’ve found a bug in drf-toolbox itself, please post an issue on the Issue Tracker.
For usage help, you’re free to e-mail the authors, who will provide help (on a best effort basis) if possible.